I have always had such warm feelings about Halloween- which is funny considering the entire holiday is based on dead people. But, moving past that, I just love Halloween. Maybe I couple Halloween with Fall and the smell of the dried leaves in the grass. I think I have a lot of memories that go along with that whole time of year. Raking the leaves in the yard into giant piles and diving in them. That warm yet crisp feel to the air that lets you know you are right in between summer and fall. And lets not forget the consumption of absurd amounts of candy and junk under the guise of it being Halloween and you just have to. Plus, my Mom being the theater person that she is was thrilled for an excuse to throw on some costumes and parade around in them (sorry Mom, but you know it's true...). So my Mom always made great costumes for my brother and I. On top of all of that you have carving pumpkins and making a mess all covered in pumpkin goo. As you can see, I don't think we ever grow out of that...

I think that I have been disappointed by adult Halloween because it is never as good as kid Halloween. But that's ok. Because this year I decided to dress up and my friend and I trick or treated for UNICEF. It was great because you feel like you're doing something good AND people give you chocolate.
As you can see I was Santa, which was actually a HUGE hit. I thought people might be confused, but it turns out, no matter what time of year it is, everyone is just always psyched to see Santa. It's like they forget who they are and where they live, but oh! there's Santa! it's Santa! I call it the "Santa Phenomenon".

And check out my expert pumpkin carving skills...
No comments:
Post a Comment