This is a totally random blog post, but there are a couple of things I would like to discuss this evening. First off, the other morning I was watching "The Land Before Time". You know, the one about the dinosaurs and the big earthquake and all those little dinosaurs are looking for the "Great Valley" and their surviving relatives. Can you believe that film was made in 1988? Plus, I had no idea that Steven Spielberg and George Lucas were producers. What really gets me is that I have aged probably ten years since I saw that movie last. I'll bet you money that I have cried every time I have seen that movie. I'm sure I cried in 1988, 1997, definately balled like a baby a couple days ago and I am sure I will cry every time I see it in the future. I mean, when Little Foot sees his own shadow and thinks it's his mother...if you don't shed a tear there you can't possibly be human. And little Ducky and Petre? they're so cute I want to go back in time, find them, and keep them in my apartment. There were so many valuable life lessons in that flick too. Anyway, I was touched and now I feel the urge to rent "The Brave Little Toaster". Seeing that movie as a child is probably the reason that I have written two previous posts about my couch, and why I made my brother hold his cell phone up to the steering wheel of my first car so I could say goodbye, (sorry about that James). But, good movie anyway...what's the harm in giving inanimate objects human characteristics? besides nerotic obsession with their feelings....
Second topic of the evening- I think my dog has restless leg syndrome or insomnia or something. I couldn't figure out why I have been so tired for the last couple weeks and then I figured it out this morning. I forget by morning, but every night my dog keeps tossing around and waking me up. She's usually a very sound sleeper, but lately she is restless. She'll be tossing around and I'll be like, "Isabelle! for Christ's sake lay down!" That's actually probably nicer than what I say, but she stops right away...
So, the moral of this pointless post (if you're still reading because it is so stupid I wouldn't blame you if you clicked the little X on the window...) is that at 24 "The Land Before Time" is still sad. Actually, to dig deeper, since I still cry at that movie it is probably a sign that like my mother, I am destined to cry at the "fabric of our lives" cotton commercials.
AND my dog is finding new ways to be a pain in my ass even though I love her and am glad she's around. That's it. Do you feel a little dumber for having read this?
Saturday, June 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'll never forget the look on the face of the car salesman when I was holding my cellphone up to the VW badge on the steering wheel so you could say goodbye to the Passat for 10 minutes. You also made me swear to tell it that everything was going to be alright and it was going to find a good home.
This, of course, was all after they deducted $3,000 from the trade-in value because they discovered the trunk was filled with hay.
As far as Isabelle, give her a valium.
Post a Comment