Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rock Show


I love a good rock show. I don't get to go all the time, but I make a point of doing it as often as possible. I hadn't been to one in quite some time because of being away. My friend and I went to see "Breaking Benjamin" tonight. My mom always makes fun of the band's names. In fact, I spoke with her earlier and she said, "Which band are you seeing? 'Badly Shredded Tires?'"
I don't like heavy metal, but I do enjoy a good rock band. When you first walk into a full venue, there is almost a cloud of energy just hovering above the people. The band comes out, the lights go out, and the show begins. I love the loudness of it. The thumping of the subs and the strobing lights seem to just swallow you up. I always feel so drained afterwards, but in a good way. It's like the music sucks up all of the energy, both good and bad, and it just swirls around the room.
It was a great show, i've had my "music therapy", and now i'll be good for a while.

No comments: