
Look at these people-- don't they look like movie stars?
They are my grandparents the month they were married walking down the boardwalk in Atlantic City. I just love this picture. What a spectacular moment frozen in time.
I just got back from Baltimore, I surprised my Mom for Mother's Day. I had such a wonderful trip visiting out there. As I get older and am more aware of people, I have really come to realize how amazing the women in my family are. My Mom, Aunt Frayda, and of course, my Grandmother, are such amazing human beings. People feel fortunate in their lives if they come across one person like that- And I have three in my family! All three of them are so special. They are the kind of people that would cross the Earth for you if you needed them. But you know how some people are so giving that they get walked all over? They're not like those people. They're strong women. They'd tell you where to go if you proved yourself of poor character- my Grandmother would tell you in English and Yiddish.
I was so taken by them this weekend and had so much fun spending time with them. I just feel fortunate to have been raised around them and to have so much love in my family. It is really a precious thing.
1 comment:
I totally agree with you. That's why Megan's middle name is Salkin--in honor of the three greatest women I know--your mom, my mom, and Bubby. Three strong, amazing, fun women!
Post a Comment