Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Characters named Kate

I was watching "French Kiss" last night (starring Meg Ryan and Kevin Kline). Meg Ryan's character in the film is named Kate. As I was watching, it occurred to me how often women in movies and T.V. shows are named Kate. I started to really think about it and came up with a list (actually, a website I found came up with a list)....

Kate Austen (Lost)
Kate McKay (Kate and Leopold)
Kate (Point of Origin)
Kate (No Reservations)
Kate (Annie)
Kate Fuller (From Dusk Till Dawn)
Kate Jeffries (Outbreak)
Kate Reynolds (The Family Man)
Kate Thomas (Norbit)
Kate Tunney (The Invisible)
Kate (Dr T and the Women)
Kate Baker (Cheaper by the Dozen)
Kate Burroughs (Breach)
Kate Craig (The Great Outdoors)
Kate Ericson (Timeline)
Kate Hennings (Sweet Home Alabama)
Kate Keller (The Miracle Worker)
Kate McTiernan (Kiss the Girls)
Kate Mullen (Ransom)
Kate Russo (Corky Romano)
Kate the Farrier (A Knight’s Tale)
Kate Veach (Dodgeball)

This is of course not all of them...but who can remember characters named "Kate" when you want to?

During my search for characters named Kate, I came across this baby naming site that informed me that my name is the 142nd most popular girls name in the United States...

Interested in your name? Go to www.babynamefacts.com/index.php

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine's #18, which would explain why there have been 2 other girls at my work with the same name as me...sigh.