Sunrise on the the shores of Lake Titicaca...

In other news, I went to the democratic caucus last night (for the first time), and I have some comments. First of all, I was amazed at how many people were there. The speaker said that there were about 3 people who showed up for the caucus 4 years ago from our precinct, and there were probably over 200 people there last night. I think that is a pretty cool phenomenon, and it sounds like it is happening all over the U.S. The democrats are preparing for the revolution.
On the other hand, I was disappointed to see very few people there who were my age. It could be that I am registered in my Mom's neighborhood, and therefore the demographic is different. It's hard to know.
Anyway, I was hoping to hear from representatives of both candidates and get a little clearer view of the differences, because I think that they are both excellent candidates. This didn't happen. In fact, there wasn't even a functional microphone to be had. Pena and Degette both said some interesting things about the candidates, but nothing that helped me make up my mind.
Then, we went to the vote, which became even more ridiculous. How is it that people think "counting off" is an effective way of measuring votes? they did a head count, and then counted off. I just think that you can't get any more archaic than a count off, especially with 100 people...Lets talk about not time effective. By the end of it, I was thinking we should have been etching hash marks into a block of stone.
Overall, it was not as educational as I was hoping, and it kind of made me doubt our system even more (if that was possible). But, I cheer myself up by thinking about all those democrats crawling out of the woodwork.
Plus, there were free cookies, so that was good.
No comments:
Post a Comment