When Isabelle is frustrated and taking it out on me, she may shred a tissue into a thousand little pieces on the floor. No big deal. Then she'll drink a bunch of water, jump on the couch, and spit it up all over my blanket. Still, not pleasant, but could be worse. Then she'll start peeing on the carpet just outside the bathroom door where her litter box is...just a couple centimeters from the linoleum. This is where the real "big f-you's" begin. Then, she'll go into her box, take a piece of poop and crumble it all over the carpet right by the pee. Maybe she'll smear it on the bathroom floor while she's at it- just depends on how much time she has. Then she'll pee again (this dog has an endless supply), but this time she will pee on the linoleum directly in front of her box. And as a grand finale to the day, she will vomit in the middle of the night on my clean duvet cover. She should have her own soundtrack.
So you can see how it would be tempting to sell her to the circus, or give her to the homeless guy on the corner, or even just set her outside my door and let some unsuspecting fool find her and fall for that charm that she has. But I can't do that. Because this dog is meant to torture ME until the day she dies. It is her destiny.
Therefore, my only payback is to annoy her. I know she can't understand me when I am yelling at her, and even if she could, she really wouldn't care. So today I was packing up her cabinet of stuff we've accumulated, and I decided to play a little dress up and see how many hats she could wear at once.
Oh, the joy. However, I need to savor this moment because I think I may have just pissed her off more.
1 comment:
Ha! I can totally relate. I'm comforted to know that my dog isn't the only one who likes to torture its owner...
Post a Comment