Loose ends everywhere!!!!!
Did I pay off the bottled water people? Did I set up my accounts to shut off and on at the proper times? Will the people employed at these companies actually enter my info properly so that the accounts will actually do what I think they are supposed to do? How do I pay my rent, is my paperwork in order, don't let me forget to get a thousand copies of every important document I need! Where do I get a phone card, how do I work the phone card, what the hell is a phone card? I seriously think that my head might explode. I HATE loose ends and this experience revolves around them. On top of that we've just had the blizzard of the century and I can't actually accomplish anything. I feel like the clock is ticking and I'm running out of time.
At the same time, this blizzard gave me the opportunity to really sit and do NOTHING for 24 hours, which I really needed. I got to hang out with my Mom and bake stuff, play board games, and play in the snow. I'm looking at this blizzard like it's a goodbye present to me. This will most likely be the last snow I see this winter because I will be wintering in Florence. Florence is typically very cold and wet this time of year, but rarely gets any snow.
I also found out last night that I will be in an apartment with 4 other girls in Florence. Our apartment will be practically around the corner from the duomo, and close to everything. The best part is that I got a single room in this apartment! I'm so excited because now if my roommates are 19 year-old-binge-drinking-just-out-of-high-school students at least they won't be doing that in my room. Granted, my room is probably the size of a refridgerater box. But, it's still privacy, which is my greatest luxury right now. My poor mother...in celebration of this discovery (getting my own room) I spent 3 hours randomly blurting out that I had my own room at arbitrary times, many times shouting this across the house. She couldn't leave either, because of the blizzard of the century.
So, anyway, that's my deal. Freaking out a bit, crying at everything, trying to remain calm.
And by the way...
I GOT MY OWN ROOM!!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you get your own room? :-)
You're on your way to a magical adventure! I know you're nervous--frankly, I'd think you were nuts if you weren't, becasue it's a huge thing--but I also know that you are going to look back on this and be SO glad you did it.
Thinking of you!!!!!!!!
Love, Jill
Post a Comment